Monday, July 18, 2011

San Ho-say

That's how I pronounce it anyway. I keep seeing signs around town featuring lyrics from the song "Do you know the way to San Jose." Well maybe I would if there was about seven less highways running through this place. Besides getting lost and turned around everyday, I am enjoying this metropolis. Some random facts about S.J. for you.

-10th most populous city in America, which explains all the highways.
-Also known as Silicon Valley, which I used to think was directly related to the amount of breast augmentations, but it's for technology silly! Due to the fact that Apple, Google, Facebook etc. have their headquarters here. Nerds congregate together I guess.
-Cost of living is one of the highest in the nation $$$ My least favorite aspect about San Jose..

The weather has been beautiful almost everyday and one of my favorite things to do is eat lunch or dinner outside enjoying the California breeze and sunshine. I love having food that wasn't prepared in a chain restaurant, except for the occasional Chipotle run, and the close proximity to San Francisco, Sacramento and beach areas like Santa Cruz. The only downside to our summer here is the extended stay hotel we live in. Our first night here there was a trail of spicy hot cheetos in the hallway and our bed was FILLED with hairs. Jason swears there is a strong smell of urine near the bed and we obviously have to walk around with our shoes on. It's not home but I feel like we will be able to look back and laugh at this living situation one day. Jason is throughly enjoying projects at Ernst and Young for accounts like Facebook and is an intern in the international tax office. I have been working at the local Nordstrom for the anniversary sale and finally feel accustomed to having so many customers in one day, compared to the non-existent traffic of the Orem Nordstrom. We are happy and excited for our future here, sans a hair filled bed and urine smell.

2 comments:

  1. ew i'm glad you're almost done with your extended stay hotel. sounds disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me a glimpse into your life there, it sounds like an awesome place. I hope you relish the fact that the weather there is so perfect...and the food, and the beach, and the city...:)

    ReplyDelete